“Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you’ve imagined”
- Henry David Thoreau
Ski 2 Freedom is a charity which provides access to comprehensive information on snow-sport and mountain activities for individuals, groups, families and carers from across the globe. We address the specific needs and requirements of all disabilities and additional needs, allowing beneficiaries to undertake fully tailored, life-enhancing mountain based activities.
For many, Ski 2 Freedom enhances lives by providing opportunities once thought to have been out of reach. We know this, because our beneficiaries tell us. Participation in mountain-based activities develops self-confidence and self-esteem. It improves quality of life by addressing feelings of social isolation as well as promoting health and well-being.
Using snow-sports and the mountains as a catalyst for building self-confidence, rehabilitation, recreational or therapeutic purposes saw the birth of this unique organisation.
Freedom, Choice, Empowerment
We believe in freedom. We believe in choice. And we believe in empowering people who struggle to exercise their freedom to choose, to do just that.
- "I just wanted to let you know my dreams have come true and I wanted to thank you as soon as I could... I've already cried a few times with my instructor from ESF Les 2 Alpes Loic!!!!!!"
- Susan (Addison's Disease) Feb 2014
- "We cannot thank Ski 2 Freedom enough - it's such a wonderful thing for Barnaby to be able to do and, perhaps more importantly, it makes him so much more part of the skiing holiday - on an equal footing with his sister, Olivia, and the other family we ski with. Thank you also to Simon, Lionel and Agathe at ESF La Rosiere who were all so accommodating and to the ski lift operators at Sainte Foy!"
- "I just wanted to email you to thank you so, so much for putting us in touch with the wonderful Reini of Active Motion in Grindelwald. We've had the most amazing week skiing and Eli has loved it. Thank you so much, we are definitely going to do this again next year so I'll be in touch again!"
- Mother of daughter with Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy 2014
- "Thank you so much for all your help and sorting this out for me. This holiday has been a massive achievement for me!"
- "People should believe that their children can do anything. My mum wasn't sure if I would walk, but she believed in me, and so did my dad and now I can ski!!"