Disabled Skiing Europe
Disability and Adaptive Ski Holidays in Europe
How can Ski 2 Freedom help?
Disabled skiing is now a popular way for family and friends to share the same experiences in the mountains. Ski lessons, equipment and guiding for all physical disabilities, learning disabilities, blind and visually impaired, deaf are provided in many of the ski resorts around the world.
Ski 2 Freedom works with disabled ski schools and organisations in order to bring together comprehensive information on disability skiing and snowboarding opportunities that are available in Europe.
Because everyone with a disability is an individual and has specific needs relating to a particular condition we want to ensure that those needs are met. Ski 2 Freedom is putting together a Directory of Information on disability skiing, snowboarding and other disability winter activities available in the mountains. Only those ski schools or organisations that are known personally to the Team are included in the Directory. These resorts are indicated with the Ski 2 Freedom logo and when clicked on will take you to the relevant information you may need.
We are, however, delighted to share with you information on other ski schools and ski resorts which offer disability skiing activities. But we should point out that in many cases we may not have personal knowledge but rely on information given to us by the ski school or tourist office which they have given Ski 2 Freedom via our comprehensive questionnaire or when we have met members of the ski school or tourist office at Conferences or Trade Events.
Please click on a country in the left hand menu to find out more information on disabled skiing or contact us direct explaining your specific needs and requirements and we will be delighted to give you details of the disabled accessible ski resorts that might ensure you have the holiday of a lifetime! We now have our Ski 2 Freedom Guide to Snowsports and Mountain Activities which is where all our detailed information is now available - and will be "live" very soon - in the meantime please do contact us catherine.cosby@ski2freedom and we can chat through any questions you may have.
This gives us the opportunity to share with you detailed information we have been given by our partners on:
- Ski schools and snow-sport instruction Ski lessons
- Skiing – downhill, cross-country, telemark, Freestyle, snowboarding, off-piste, ski touring telemark, all levels with or without specialist equipment. Lessons for all abilities, improve existing skills and improve technical experience either on or off the piste, gain confidence in yourself and develop your skills, tuition from the very best instructors, ski safely, improve your style, enjoy learning with family and friends or participate in professionally organised courses to gain experience and qualification to use specialist ski equipment.
- Resort and Regional Tourism Offices
- The full mountain experience – information on ski schools, the resort, accommodation and other activities such as spas and wellness treatments and much, much more
- Non-skiing activities
- take a chauffeur driven ski (Tandem) to join family or friends on the mountain. Go skating, sledging, snow-shoe walking, husky dogs and sleigh rides, wellness and more . . . Or just sit, relax and absorb the atmosphere of the mountains!
- Winter Sport and Travel Companies
- inclusive holidays, getting to a resort and much more
- Accommodation information
- Chalets, hotels, gîtes and apartments
- Group activities
- charitable organisations providing specialist holidays, day trips, competitions and fun action packed events.
Buy, hire or borrow equipment for your holiday. Ski and rental shops providing a personal service to ensure boots and equipment suits your
disability or special need.
In addition we can direct you to other ski locations worldwide although we have no personal knowledge of these resorts.
As a member of Ski 2 Freedom we can offer you a personal tailor-made holiday.
Skiing with disabilities
Click here for information on skiing with a specific disability or special need.
Accessible resort guide
The Ski 2 Freedom Accessible resort guide has a wealth of information to help you find your ideal accessible ski resort.
- The are currently no events.